Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

My mother is 83 and a widow. She collects her husbands social

Customer Question
security. Last year she cashed...
My mother is 83 and a widow. She collects her husbands social security. Last year she cashed in some IRAs and consequently her income was over the limit so she has to pay income taxes. On the 1040 form does she put her social security number and name even though her SSA-1099 has her husband's social security number. What is her correct way to file?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2012
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 5 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

The tax return is to be completed using her name and social security number. Even though the SSA-1099 is in her deceased husband's name, she is the recipient of the funds.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant