Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
58285678

My husband and I are filing our 2011 taxes married and separate.

My husband and I are filing our 2011 taxes married and separate. The house is in both of our names jointly. Can I use half the taxes paid on our house in 2011 on my tax return and he use the other half of the taxes paid on the house on his tax return?
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

Q: Can I use half the taxes paid on our house in 2011 on my tax return and he use the other half of the taxes paid on the house on his tax return?

A: Yes, the rule is if you are considered a legal and equitable owner, you may do this.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance to you regarding this matter.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

You answered my question quickly and that was great, but at the end it said: Angela we value you as a customer. My name isXXXXX liked getting my answer quickly and from a tax expert. Did I misunderstand and my question was answered by Angela? Thank you

Hello Luanne,

This is Angela and I am a Tax expert on Just Answer. What you read at the end is my name as the signature, and my closing statement. I wrote we, because I am part of a team, it's not just me. I'll see if I can separate my name from the closing statement so that it won't appear confusing.

Thank you again for using JUST ANSWER.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you Angela. I just wanted to be sure, Thank you for the response.
You're welcome. Sometimes when answers are generated quickly, it appears that a computer is answering the questions. I assure you that we're all HUMAN experts on JA.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That's great to hear. What is JA?
JA is Just Answer,...the service you are using right now. As it appears that you are not familiar with how JA works, note that if the expert has fully answered your question, in order for them to receive credit, the customer is required to click the accept button.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You're right, I'm not familiar with JA. Sorry about that. I will accept the answer. Thank you for your help.
Again you're welcome. Thank you. Have a good day.