How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3375
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i can not review the answer..thats is you really sent it..i

Resolved Question:

i can not review the answer..thats is you really sent it..i paid the 39$ fee.. and followed the instructions..
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 5 years ago.

Generally, the person who files first claiming a child will get the exemption and the refund, unless the IRS has previously flagged the account. Once the second person files, the investigation can begin. If the first person did not qualify, the IRS will send a bill for repayment of all or part of the erroneous refund.


Next year, when the person tries to file, the return will be flagged and blocked until that other taxpayer can prove she is eligible to claim the EIC.



You will get the refund only when the IRS determines you are entitled to it. I can't predict how long the IRS investigation will take.

R. Klein, EA and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you