How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask jgordosea Your Own Question
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3161
Experience:  I've prepared all types of taxes since 1987.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
jgordosea is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Sir/Madame, I received 1040-MISC from my management company,

This answer was rated:

Dear Sir/Madame, I received 1040-MISC from my management company, in which they put revenue from charging customers swiming pools/etc to "other income", box 3. How shall I declare this item in my tax return? Can I simply put it the same place as "rental income" in Turbo tax? Thanks --Patrick



Indeed, this can be listed as part of rental income along with the rent from units so that it is listed as income from the rental property.


So long as all of the income is being reported it is not required to list various types of income separately.


You can add all of the income and just make one entry in the software to report the entire amount of income from the rental property.


Please ask if you need clarification.

Thank you.

jgordosea and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you