Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

i am building a garage and have money in a money market account.is

Customer Question
it better to pay the...
i am building a garage and have money in a money market account.is it better to pay the 9,000 out of that account or pay with my line of credit and pay payments to the line of credit out of the money market account
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
4/1/2012
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 5 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good evening. It really comes down to whether you are earning more on the money after tax than the cost of the funds after tax. Given today's interest rates, the money market account can hardly be making any money; thus, it would likely be that you would better to use the money to pay for the garage rather than earn nothing on it and pay a much higher rate on borrowed money.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Richard, Tax Attorney