How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask geedubya55 Your Own Question
geedubya55, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 358
Experience:  17 years experience in business and individual taxation specializing in small business and farming
Type Your Tax Question Here...
geedubya55 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a client who is a 50% partner in a partership. I have

Resolved Question:

I have a client who is a 50% partner in a partership. I have their K-1. Is there any place to take their unreimbursed work expenses from their work in the partnership besides on schedule a subject to the 2% limitiation?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  geedubya55 replied 5 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer.


Unreimbursed partnership expenses can be deducted on schedule E page 2 as a loss and therefore offset some of the income from the K-1. Enter the original K-1 on line 28A and then on line 28B, enter the name of the partnership with a notation of (UPE) and enter it as if it were another K-1 with a loss. You will also need to check the "yes" box on line 27.

geedubya55 and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you