How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 55455
Experience:  29 years of experience as a tax, real estate, and business attorney.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Under what do I record a "1099-Misc" I am filing my income

Resolved Question:

Under what do I record a "1099-Misc" I am filing my income tax report.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hi there. It depends upon the type of the income received. Form 1040 instructions provide the following guidance depending on the type of the income. ....


1099-MISC Rents (box 1) See the Instructions for Schedule E*

Royalties (box 2) See the Instructions for Schedule E* (for timber, coal, and iron ore

royalties, see Pub. 544)*

Other income (box 3) Form 1040, line 21*

Nonemployee compensation (box 7) Schedule C, C-EZ, or F; but if you were not self-employed, see the

instructions on Form 1099-MISC

Excess golden parachute payments (box 13) See the instructions for Form 1040, line 60

Other (boxes 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 14, and 15b) See the instructions on Form 1099-MISC



I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.


If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard and 5 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you