Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What are the payroll taxes paid by employees? What are the

Customer Question
payroll taxes paid by the...
What are the payroll taxes paid by employees? What are the payroll taxes paid by the employer? What types of reports are used to document to the government the payroll taxes paid by the employee and employer?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
3/1/2012
Tax Professional: Dave CPA, Accountant replied 5 years ago
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant

Welcome to Just Answer,

An employee is responsible for paying his portion of Federal Income Tax and State Income taxes. This is in addition to social security and medicare tax of (FICA)

An employer has to match the amount an employee pays on these items and file a for 941 when submitting the payments. At the end of the year the employer will send out a W-2 that documents the amount withheld from the employee throughout the year and sent to the government.

Below for your reference is more info on the process from the IRS.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p15.pdf

I hope this helps.
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant
Dave CPA
Dave CPA
Dave CPA, Accountant