Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

OK A FRIEND OF MINE DID HER 2007 TAXES!!!!SHE REPORTED WAGES

Customer Question
LIKE AROUND $3500 SHE SUPPOSED...
OK A FRIEND OF MINE DID HER 2007 TAXES!!!!SHE REPORTED WAGES LIKE AROUND $3500 SHE SUPPOSED TO RECEIVED LIKE $1500 SOMETHING LIKE THAT I DONT HAVE THE EXACT INFORMATION.
FOR SOME REASON THE IRS WRITE HER A LETTER SAYING THAT SHE DOES NOT QUALIFY FOR THE EIC. SHE HAS ONE DEPENDANT. DUE TO THAT SHE NEED TO HAVE INCOME BUT HELLO HE DID REPORT HER WAGES!! SO HER REFUND WAS ONLY LIKE AROUND $230
CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN WHY?? SHE DID NOT GOT HER FULL REFUND??
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/1/2012
Tax Professional: InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer replied 5 years ago
InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer

InfoTaxes :

Hello and thank you for using justanswer.com

InfoTaxes :

Is your friend single or married? Did he/she filled single, head of household or married filing separated?

InfoTaxes :

The income she reported on her taxes is from a W2 form or unemployment ?

InfoTaxes :

One reason can be because her wages were only $3,500

Customer :

SINGLE

Customer :

JUST w2

Customer :

THE PERSON THAT DID HER TAXES THAT PARTICULAR YEAR SHE INCLUDE THE EIC FROM HER CHILD

Customer :

AND WAS DENIED

InfoTaxes :

Did she/he filed as single or head of household

InfoTaxes :

Did she live in the US for more than 6 months that year?

Customer :

DONT REMEMBER!!! I THINK SINGLE

InfoTaxes :

Based on my EIC calculator for 2007 her/his EIC is $218

InfoTaxes :

I'm working on the numbers with one child

InfoTaxes :

The calculator with one child is giving me a refund amount of $1199

InfoTaxes :

He/she will need to call the IRS and ask why they are not giving him/her the EIC, maybe someone else claimed the child

InfoTaxes :

The IRS phone number is

Telephone Assistance for Individuals:
Toll-Free, 1-800-829-1040

Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. your local time (Alaska & Hawaii follow Pacific Time).

InfoTaxes :

Also remember that if he/she did not provide more than 50% to maintain the house he/she does not qualify for EIC

InfoTaxes :

Let me know if you need more help and thank you in advance for clicking ACCEPT!

InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer