Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I filed the misc-1099s with 1096 & have found subcontractors

Customer Question
chechs that weren't entered. What...
I filed the misc-1099s with 1096 & have found subcontractors chechs that weren't entered. What do I need to do? Thank You
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2012
Tax Professional: InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer replied 5 years ago
InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer

InfoTaxes :

Hello and thank you for using justanswer.com

InfoTaxes :

YOu can send a corrected 1099-misc to the contractors or you can send a 1099-misc with the amount that is missing from the first 1099-misc

InfoTaxes :

Remember you will need to check box that reads corrected on top of the 1099-misc form

Customer:

What about with the irs

InfoTaxes :

ANd don't forget to send them to the IRS

Customer:

just the new ones? with a new 1096?

InfoTaxes :

if you are going to send new ones with the amount that you did not enter yes

InfoTaxes :

if you are going to correct the ones that you already sent out you will need to add that amount and check the box that reads corrected

Customer:

thank you!

InfoTaxes :

Let me know if you need more help and remember to click ACCEPT if I have answered your question.

Customer:

ok

InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer
InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes
InfoTaxes, Tax Preparer