Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Do I need to issue 1099 MISC to S-corporation for property

Customer Question
management fees?...
Do I need to issue 1099 MISC to S-corporation for property management fees?
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
2/1/2012
Tax Professional: USTaxAdvising, CPA replied 5 years ago
USTaxAdvising

USTaxAdvising :

You should not have to issue a 1099MISC to an S-Corporation for property managment. The IRS states that only payments to corporations are not reportable, but the following are reportable:

USTaxAdvising :

Reportable payments to corporations. The following payments made to corporations generally must be reported on Form 1099-MISC.

• Medical and health care payments reported in box 6.

• Fish purchases for cash reported in box 7.

• Attorneys' fees reported in box 7.

• Gross proceeds paid to an attorney reported in box 14.

• Substitute payments in lieu of dividends or tax-exempt interest reported in box 8.

• Payments by a federal executive agency for services (vendors) reported in box 7.

USTaxAdvising :
Payments to corporations are included only if they are for medical, health care, legal or fishing activities. (The IRS does not identify that payments to S-corporations are reportable.)
USTaxAdvising :

I hope this helps, let me know if you have any further questions.

USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising
USTaxAdvising, CPA