How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3740
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I am paying for my daughters medicine and she does notive

This answer was rated:

If I am paying for my daughter's medicine and she does notive with me nor is she
minor, can I claim it on my taxes. I have almost no income just social security and a
very small pension.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

In brief, the answer is no, you are not able to claim your daughter's medicine. SEE BELOW


If the person is not a dependent, you can only claim the cost of medical expenses for an immediate family member (including in-laws) or someone who has lived with you for a year. The family member must be a U.S. citizen or legal resident or resident of Canada or Mexico and you must provide more than half of that person's support for the year.
Tax.appeal.168 and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you