How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask R. Klein, EA Your Own Question
R. Klein, EA
R. Klein, EA, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3375
Experience:  Over 20 Years experience
Type Your Tax Question Here...
R. Klein, EA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

i live in virginia, usa. i am self-employed. i have a health

Resolved Question:

i live in virginia, usa. i am self-employed. i have a health savings account into which i pay monthly. can i deduct that as a business expense? (i am already deducting my monthly health insurance premiums as a business expense.)
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  R. Klein, EA replied 5 years ago.

Randall Klein EA :

HSA's are reported separately on Form 8889. It is not part of the business.


thank you

R. Klein, EA and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you