How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Chea Romine Your Own Question
Chea Romine
Chea Romine, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 197
Experience:  CPA, Managing Partner of medium sized CPA firm specializing in all areas of tax and accounting.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Chea Romine is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I filed my taxes and forgot to file income from unemployment.

Resolved Question:

I filed my taxes and forgot to file income from unemployment. How do I fix this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Chea Romine replied 5 years ago.

Chea Romine :

You will have to file a 1040X amended tax return to include the income. Unfortunately you cannot e-file an amended return so you will have to paper file it.

If you do nothing they will include the include and send you as letter stating you missed it and a bill with how much tax you owe. The problem with this route is they will hit you with penalties and interest so I don't recommend it.

Here is the link: and instructions

Chea Romine and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you