How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29656
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My daughter turned 18 on June 15 2011. She worked 1 month

Resolved Question:

My daughter turned 18 on June 15 2011. She worked 1 month this year. Can I take her as a dependent? Or does she file herself? Or can we both benefit somehow on our taxes?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!


Your daughter is your dependent.
She are not required to file the tax return as long as her income is less than $5800 (assuming only income from wages).
She might want to file her tax return if any taxes were withheld. In this case she will use form 1040EZ - www.irs - because she is your dependent - she shoudl check teh box on line 5.
Let me know if you need any help or clarification.


Thank you.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you