How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15601
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I own a small trucking company based in NM but I have a driver

Resolved Question:

I own a small trucking company based in NM but I have a driver who lives in CA but does the driving in all 48 states. What state do I pay unemployment taxes into?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer
As your company is based in Nm you will pay the SUTA in NM. Here is a link to the information from New Mexico explaining the employer's obligation
Even though your employee may not live in NW and travels in teh course of his work, the interstate tarvel does not stop your laiability to the state where the company is located and the pay is issued.
Thank you in advance for clicking ACCEPT and Happy New Year

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you