How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15176
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have not filed a tax return for the past 3 or 4 years. I

Resolved Question:

I have not filed a tax return for the past 3 or 4 years. I collect disability and am married with 2 children. My wife is unemployed for all of those years. EXCEPT for income we earned from sales on ebay, and some money earned by driving a plow truck for the winter that earned about 1500 dollars all 4 of those years.

Can I file tax returns and get EIC for all of those years? What do i need for records to prove the income?

Filing Married head of household with 2 children.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer>
You can file for the past 3 years and expect to receive a refund (if due). You will need to gather any and all reciepts that show the amounts you were paid and any expenses that you had in relation to the earnings.
Please be advised that you are not allowed to omit any valid expenses to purposely inflate a credit or refund.
You would not file Head of Household, you may file married filing joint or Married filing separate(MFS would disallow the EIC)
Thank you in advance for clicking ACCEPT.

Robin D. and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you