How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I lived in Colorado from Jan to May 31 during which time i

This answer was rated:

I lived in Colorado from Jan to May 31 during which time i earned 12,742.70, then moved to Florida . I have only receive alimony for the year plus half of a 401K I received in a divorce. Do I have to pay Colorado State taxes on my full year? I received the 401 after I moved to Florida and became a resident.

Jax Tax : You only pay tax in CO on monies received while in CO. You will file a part year return. This will not include the 401k.
Jax Tax and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you