How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I still have to file my 2008-2010 taxes. I get refunds every

This answer was rated:

I still have to file my 2008-2010 taxes. I get refunds every year and send in the ext forms. Don't I have 3 years to file for a refund? The IRS is sending me a bill for 2009. Can I just pay it and send in my return as soon as I finish it? I am trying to organize my business files to get it done.

Jax Tax : If you are 100% sure you will have a refund, you can do one of two things.
Jax Tax : Pay if and then claim the refund.
Jax Tax : Or, call the IRS at the number on the letter and request 60 days.
Jax Tax : You have.only till April 15 2012 to claim the 2008 refund. Get on it. If you filed an extention, Oct 15.
Jax Tax : I would inquire about this when you call as well. They lose a lot of them.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Would I have to file an amended return if I pay using the papers they sent me or would I just file a normal online return?
If you have nothing filed, just an original return.
Jax Tax and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you. I'll get them all done this week.