How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15198
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

these are federal taxes

Customer Question

these are federal taxes
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Robin D :

What question did you have about federal taxes?

Customer :

are back taxes from previous years tax deductible. these are fed. taxes. if so, can i refile for previous years ?

Robin D :

No, federal taxes paid on a past debt for a previous year are not tax deductible. Although some states do allow for the deduction Illinois (unlike Iowa) does not allow a deduction for federal taxes paid. Wish I could say differently but thank you in advance for clicking ACCEPT.