How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15431
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Happy New Year. I own a single rental property, set up as

This answer was rated:

Happy New Year. I own a single rental property, set up as a business (LLC) due to state laws for vacation rental properties. this is the first year we've had it. When we rent the property (mostly through or other online rental site) we charge a cleaning fee as is customary in this area. I charge tax on the rent and cleaning fee. I then pay a cleaning person to come in after the guests have left. What do I supply to her, if anything, for her tax reporting. I've already charge the tax and will use the figures on my taxes. Also, I am stationed overseas, but a resident of Florida. The home is in New Mexico so I assume I have to file business taxes there before I can file my personal taxes because its an LLC? Most important is the cleaning fee questions, Im sure my tax preparer can answer the NM part if its not something you readily have access to. Thank you.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

Robin D :

The clenaing woman should receive a 1099MISC if she is not an employee of the LLC.

Robin D :

Yes, New Mexico will need to be filed for the rental property.

Robin D :

Your filing will really depend on the type LLC you formed and your tax professional will be able to complete all that for you but the 1099MISC should be issued to the cleaning person.


Ok, thanks very much

Robin D. and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you