How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15330
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We paid in 2011 backed owed taxes in the amount of $5,000 for

Customer Question

We paid in 2011 backed owed taxes in the amount of $5,000 for taxed year 2005 can we claim the amount we paid on 2011 taxes.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.
If these were for state taxes you paid then you may use them on your Federal Schedule A. Only the tax portion paid not any interest or penalties.

Robin D :

If you have more questions on this subject please let me know before you click ACCEPT.
Happy New Year