Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I am building residential playset equipment how do i file for

Customer Question
sales tax exemption on raw...
I am building residential playset equipment how do i file for sales tax exemption on raw material state of MS
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Tax
1/1/2012
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 5 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.
Many states have a specific form to give the seller for exemption on sales tax in Mississippi they advise the following:

A business can purchase merchandise for resale free from sales tax by giving their supplier the business’ sales tax permit information.

The seller must maintain the sales tax number or exemption number for these customers along with a description of the items sold and the sales amount of those items.

JACUSTOMER-k5k0eqgp- :

how do you get a permit

Robin D :

I understood you to say that you had registered for sales tax already but, you may apply at any one of the Tax Commission’s district offices, or, you may apply by mail. Form 70-001, Mississippi Registration Application, is available on the Tax Commission website. To speed up the approval process, you should mail your application to the district office that serves your county. A listing of those counties and district office addresses is included in the application’s instructions.
I will get you a link to the form, one sec

Robin D :

When you get your tax number you simply give it to the salers so they can keep it on file. You in turn then charge sales tax when you sale the playset

Robin D :

Happy New Year and thank you in advance for clicking ACCEPT

Robin D :

.

Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4