Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If we have a headquarter in NYC, NY and we would like to open

Customer Question
business in Atlanta, GA should...
If we have a headquarter in NYC, NY and we would like to open business in Atlanta, GA should I have registered agent and registered office in Atlanta?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
12/2/2011
Tax Professional: Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4 replied 6 years ago
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

All businesses located within the city limits of Atlanta are required to have a Business Tax Certificate (sometimes referred to as a "Business License"). Fully complete, sign and date the Business Tax Application and be sure to enclose the $75.00 registration fee in guaranteed funds (money order or certified bank check). Neither personal nor company checks are accepted. Payment should be made payable to the City of Atlanta. Applications received through the mail require six to eight weeks processing time because zoning requirements also have to be completed.

Your tax is based upon the gross receipts and number of employees from your business. Businesses located in the City of Atlanta are taxed on statewide receipts. Businesses located outside Georgia are taxed on receipts generated in the City of Atlanta, only.

Here is a link to the application

http://www.atlantaga.gov/client_resources/government/finance/city%20of%20atlanta%20tax%20application.pdf

Here is link to the manual

http://www.atlantaga.gov/client_resources/government/finance/office%20of%20controller/business%20license%20tax%20instruction.pdf

You can use this link to register your business with the state of GA

https://gtc.dor.ga.gov/_/#2

Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Robin D.
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4