How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If a person is over the age of 65 just on social security can

Customer Question

If a person is over the age of 65 just on social security can he or she file for any money and if they can on what document?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.

Jax Tax : The person would file form 1040 if they wanted to, but unless taxes were being withheld from the social security, there would be no point as no refundable credits would be due.
Jax Tax : State programs such as food stamps, utility assistance, or low income living assistance may be available depending on the amount odlf the social security.
Jax Tax : Also, Medicare is available but likely is already included.
Jax Tax : The state programs are applied for through the department of children and families.
JACUSTOMER-vh2633kk- :

not satisfied with this answer and I believe this is bogus. Do not bill me for this because I received nothing for my $30

Jax Tax : What is it that you are looking for exactly? I do not bill anyone. From my understanding the funds are charged when you post the question. If you have concerns you should contact customer support.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
If I can help, let me know.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
Is there anything I can do to clarify?