Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If a person is over the age of 65 just on social security can

Customer Question
he or she file for...
If a person is over the age of 65 just on social security can he or she file for any money and if they can on what document?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/2/2011
Tax Professional: Jax Tax, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney

Jax Tax : The person would file form 1040 if they wanted to, but unless taxes were being withheld from the social security, there would be no point as no refundable credits would be due.
Jax Tax : State programs such as food stamps, utility assistance, or low income living assistance may be available depending on the amount odlf the social security.
Jax Tax : Also, Medicare is available but likely is already included.
Jax Tax : The state programs are applied for through the department of children and families.
JACUSTOMER-vh2633kk- :

not satisfied with this answer and I believe this is bogus. Do not bill me for this because I received nothing for my $30

Jax Tax : What is it that you are looking for exactly? I do not bill anyone. From my understanding the funds are charged when you post the question. If you have concerns you should contact customer support.
If I can help, let me know.
Is there anything I can do to clarify?
Jax Tax
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney