Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

New question. Read Book. discussed with classmates. Just need

to go over some things...
New question. Read Book. discussed with classmates. Just need to go over some things with you. Will attach problem on next window.
12/1/2011
wm030303
wm030303, Enrolled Agent

wm030303 :

Hello Again

wm030303 :

Linda

Customer:

Hi Wm!

Customer:

I think Just Answer is getting tired of me. Anyway, that link you sent me was that for one resource or many.

Customer:

Attachment: 2011-12-01_204621_linda_12012011.docx

Full Size Image
And here is the problem I was speaking of.

wm030303 :

You need to ask 1 question at a time.

wm030303 :

Hold on

Customer:

Oh. ok. then just look at my problem just like you have the other problems. I will open a new " ticket" for the resource problem.

wm030303 :

I'm not sure how many deposits you made were some duolicated?

wm030303 :

duplicated

Customer:

Not sure what you mean.

Customer:

deposits or questions

Customer:

I pay everytime we discuss and come to a conclusion

wm030303 :

I'll look at your problem Linda and get back to u

Customer:

Thank you Wm.

wm030303 :

you could call me Bill

Customer:

Thanks! I wasn't sure and didn't want to offend you.

Customer:

Finally. My computer was locked up or something. Did you have a question?

wm030303 :

Yes, But one question, the White Co stock was aquired on 5/12/02 and sold on 10/15/02? or 10/15/10? I assumed it was sold on 10/15/10 and was just a typo.

wm030303 :

I'm stepping out for about 30 minutes, I do have an answer for you. Let me know if that wasa typo on the White Co stock.

Customer:

Sorry. White company was acquired 5/12/02 and sold 10/15/10.

wm030303 :

Okay, I'll scan and send the solution to you.

wm030303 :

This may have been a trick question though, because the taxpayer's SSN is an ITIN not a SSN so he doesn't qualify for the "Making Work Pay" credit or Schedule M.

wm030303 :

This is the note that describes the Sch M results and corrected Sch B with answers to foreign account questions checked

wm030303 :

Do you want to change to a SSN or use the ITIN that was part of the problem?

Customer:

Sorry. Was on computer for another class. So the XXX-XX-XXXX is an ITIN number? What does ITIN mean. Is it like an EIN?

Customer:

I am thinking since the problem states "His Social Security number is XXXXX". that the authors just made up a number. This is a beginning Tax course (doesn't seem like it) and we have not been introduced to ITIN numbers.

Customer:

Please let me know which form to use/or send the one to use. In addition I have another problem with many steps I would like to send. I do not have it all put together yet though.

Attachment: 2011-12-01_230448_linda_12012011.docx

Full Size Image

Customer:

Please just read first part with inserted msgs.

wm030303 :

I'll re do with a valid SSN an ITIN is for non resident aliens who are not allowed to work in USA and pay into SS but they could file a tax return or be claimed as a dependent.

Customer:

Oh. I had never heard of that before. Well, they say you should learn something new every day and I just did.

wm030303 :

Okay I did problem again changing the SSN

Customer:

ok

wm030303 :

I need to send it in 2 parts because it was too much to send in 1 part.

Customer:

No problem!

Customer:

Thank you so much Bill! Take care and I'll talk to you soon. Linda

wm030303 :

okay your welcome Linda

Customer:

Be careful of the winds!

wm030303
wm030303, Enrolled Agent
wm030303
wm030303
wm030303, Enrolled Agent