How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tax.appeal.168 Your Own Question
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 3509
Experience:  3+ decades of varied tax industry exp. Tax Biz owner
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Tax.appeal.168 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Can a New York City unincorporation Condominium file a Federal

Resolved Question:

Can a New York City unincorporation Condominium file a Federal Form 1120H? Do they need to incorporate first?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Tax.appeal.168 replied 5 years ago.
Hello, THANK YOU for choosing Just Answer. My goal is to help make your life...a little...LESS taxing.

In brief, the answer is yes, an unincorporated condominium in N.Y. can file a Form 1120H. Under the new definition, unincorporated associations, including unincorporated homeowners associations, will be treated as corporations subject to the GCT if they are taxable as
corporations for federal income purposes under Internal Revenue Code ("IRC") section 7701.

You can refer to the following webpage for more detailed information;

You can also refer to page 1 of the 1120H instructions for more detailed information on the procedures on using the Form.

Tax.appeal.168 and 2 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you