Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

How would you go back (about 5 years) and document a company

Customer Question
acquiring another companies assets? these...
How would you go back (about 5 years) and document a company acquiring another companies assets? these are sister companies; same officers.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
Relist: No answer yet.
Answered in 12 days by:
11/15/2011
Tax Professional: L Dietz CPA, Accountant replied 6 years ago
L Dietz CPA
L Dietz CPA, Accountant
This is a question that should be answered by an attorney in your state jurisdiction. It sounds like legal documents are needed, and typically you cannot legally "back date" legal documents. An attorney may be able to advise you on how you can "ratify" steps taken by the officers of the companies, however. I suggest that you find a competent business and tax attorney to consult on this matter. It is important that you find both a business and tax specialist, as it sounds like this matter will have tax ramifications as well.
L Dietz CPA
L Dietz CPA
L Dietz CPA, Accountant