How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask L Dietz CPA Your Own Question
L Dietz CPA
L Dietz CPA, Accountant
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 31
Experience:  Tax accountant with 27 years experience.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
L Dietz CPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How would you go back (about 5 years) and document a company

Customer Question

How would you go back (about 5 years) and document a company acquiring another companies assets? these are sister companies; same officers.
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: No answer yet.
Expert:  L Dietz CPA replied 5 years ago.
This is a question that should be answered by an attorney in your state jurisdiction. It sounds like legal documents are needed, and typically you cannot legally "back date" legal documents. An attorney may be able to advise you on how you can "ratify" steps taken by the officers of the companies, however. I suggest that you find a competent business and tax attorney to consult on this matter. It is important that you find both a business and tax specialist, as it sounds like this matter will have tax ramifications as well.

Related Tax Questions