Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

hello , i won in the euromillones lottery international programmes

Customer Question
and i need to know...
hello , i won in the euromillones lottery international programmes and i need to know about all the taxs that should i pay in spain to get the money transfer to my account in my country (Jordan) so please if you can inform me with all the details about what should i pay from the prize and thanks a lot
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
11/2/2011
Tax Professional: Ellen, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Ellen, Tax Attorney
Welcome!

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for the opportunity to provide you with information..

This depends - can you please tell me more about the matter?
How did you enter the lottery?
Are you required to forward the taxes to the program?

Thanks!
i won this money threw my ticket number and this money should be transfer from Spain
sorry for any inconvenience however I need to step away from the computer. I will open the question to another expert
i got the prize on my ticket number and lucky winning threw a serial number and that was in the 3rd category and the problem that i need to check that they send me letter of award and they need to transfer some money to be able for them to finish all my papers at (LA-CAIXA) in (SPAIN) so i want to check what is that taxs and if it is right to transfer my money from JORDAN to SPAIN to get my prize to be transfered to my account in Jordan
tell me for any information that i can help
Thank you for that new information. I am afraid that I have bad news for you.

This appears to be a common scam that reappears in many places and under many names. A legitimate winning would deduct the taxes and send you a check for the net difference

Unfortunately in this situation the con artist may even send you a cashier's check or money order and request that you deposit it the check and send back a portion of the funds. At sometime in the future - after you have sent the money - you will find that the check you deposited was fraudulent and the money will be assessed against you.

Here is the site to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center: http://www.ic3.gov/complaint/default.aspx

Wish I had better news.
i had received on my address a letter send and signed from (euromillones) and it is origional document that i can show and after that i was surprised that there is temporary stop order and i should pay as 1% tax for (LA-CAIXA) and almost i should pay some money as to have a certificate of not using this prize in (terror-way) so is that right to pay all this taxs and money or not and they will not transfer my money unless iam paying what is written above.
Unfortunately this is fraudulent. You will not receive any money I suggest that you do not send them any money

I hope that it helps to know this information

Thank you in advance for remembering to click accept. If you experience difficulty using the accept button, please let me know as JustAnswer pays me for my time only if the "accept" registers.
what about if i transfer the money and they send me on the mail photo copy from the payment paid by me under the name of (LA-CAIXA) and written as origional documet and the amount is shown on the document and the date and the time and everything on this document is clear and there is agent who is doing that in SPAIN
It is your decision and your money. It appears to me to be a scam -- we see several of these fact patterns a day

Please remember to click accept
Ellen, Tax Attorney
Ellen, Tax Attorney