Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hello,I have an employee that does not want state or federal

Customer Question
tax taking out of her...
Hello,I have an employee that does not want state or federal tax taking out of her check,am I allowed to do that.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
11/1/2011
Tax Professional: legaleagle, Attorney replied 6 years ago
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney

Under Federal Law you are required to deduct federal income tax withholding according to the information reported on the W-4 they complete upon hiring. They can claim as many exemptions as they want to lessen the amount you are required to deduct.

Under VA state income tax law if you are required to withhold taxes for the position the employee holds, then you must do so.

legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney
legaleagle
legaleagle
legaleagle, Attorney