How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29794
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Just to add to my question of a few weeks ago. I was granted

This answer was rated:

Just to add to my question of a few weeks ago. I was granted the stock options in the UK before I left to live hear in Canada. Will I be subject to double taxation or will I be able to claim either country's tax back?

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
You will not be subject of double taxation - double taxation is eliminated by the tax treaty between Canada and UK.

I may not say if that income is taxable in UK or not - that is a question to UK tax experts.
However, if it is taxable - as a resident of Canada - you will claim a credit for foreign tax paid on your Canada tax return.

If you are filing a paper return, attach your completed Form T2209, Federal Foreign Tax Credits and documents that show the foreign taxes you paid. -

Complete Form T2209, Federal Foreign Tax Credits and enter the amount from line 10 on line 405 of your Schedule 1.

Let me know if you need any help.

Lev and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you