How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29918
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ive been waiting for my 2010 tax return over 9 month. Everytime

Resolved Question:

I've been waiting for my 2010 tax return over 9 month. Everytime I call the IRS they said my return still processing. Is there anything I can do legally to solve this matter?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!

Because you are waiting so long - there is definitely an issue - either with your tax return or with the IRS system.
Unfortunately - contacting the IRS is the only way to clarify and have your tax return processed.

Most likely your tax return was assigned for review to an IRS employee and for some reason the review was not completed - you might want to find out the name and contact information of that employee.


Besides calling the IRS - you might want to visit a local IRS office - and discuss - please find locations in your state and verify which is more convenient for you -,,id=98337,00.html


Another option is to contact the Taxpayer Advocate Service at 1-877-777-4778 during business hours. Alternately, you may complete Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance - and mail it -

949 E. 36th Ave., Stop A-405, Anchorage, AK 99508
or fax -(NNN) NNN-NNNN/p>

A list of Taxpayer Advocate Service offices can also be found in Publication 1546 - .
You may request that an IRS employee complete Form 911 on your behalf.

TAS can help if you can't resolve your problem with the IRS and:

---You have tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded, or the IRS has not responded to you by the date promised

See here -


Another option would be to have a local CPA or Enrolled Agent to represent you with the IRS. Your representative would review your tax return and might spot some issues that might resulted in delay and will discuss with the IRS these specific issues.


Sorry - as long as we do not know what is the issue - it is impossible to plan any actions. I home recommendations above would be helpful.

Let me know if you have any concerns.

Lev and 3 other Tax Specialists are ready to help you