Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If my primary residence is in Oregon but my work is in New

Customer Question
York, where do I pay...
If my primary residence is in Oregon but my work is in New York, where do I pay state income tax?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
11/1/2011
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good morning. You will file income taxes in both states. You will pay income tax in NY on the income you earn in NY and then you get a credit for the tax paid in NY on your Oregon state income return so that you do not pay twice.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Richard, Tax Attorney