How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15454
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a small Bermuda Church pension $317 per month paid

Resolved Question:

I have a small Bermuda Church pension $317 per month paid for my time in Bermuda and paid into a Bank account there.How do I show it on my Tax Return?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 5 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.
You will need to list the pension on your US tax return (if you are asking about the US return) on lines 16a and 16b. The pension will be taxable to the US if you are a US citizen or resident alien when you receive the distribution. The account will need to be reported if at anytime during the tax year your balance hits $10000. You would need to file Form 90-22.1 to report the account.

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you