Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

2010 i was divorced and had to pay my ex $160,000 from the

Customer Question
equiyt of the house. At...
2010 i was divorced and had to pay my ex $160,000 from the equiyt of the house. At the time of the divorce, there was no equity and still had to pay. This is a loss to me. Can i write the loss off and does the ex have to claim that income on her taxes ( which she hasnt).
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
11/1/2011
Tax Professional: CGCPA, CPA replied 6 years ago
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA

Welcome to Just Answer. I am here to help you resolve your tax and finance concerns. Please feel free to ask anytime you need extra help.

Your other question addresses the house loss issue. You are not permitted a deduction and your former spouse does not realize income from this. So, no she has nothing to report on her taxes.

CGCPA
CGCPA
CGCPA, CPA