Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I bought some sports gear to engage in sports activities to

Customer Question
increase networking with my business...
I bought some sports gear to engage in sports activities to increase networking with my business partners, and I'm wondering if I can deduct these expenses as business even though I don't always use the gear for business networking purposes.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
11/1/2011
Tax Professional: Lev, Tax Advisor replied 6 years ago
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor

LEV :

Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
To be deductible, a business expense must be both ordinary and necessary. An ordinary expense is one that is common and accepted in your trade or business. A necessary expense is one that is helpful and appropriate for your trade or business.
Based on your information - sports activities - generally are personal activities and may not be deducted as business expenses - unless your occupation is directly related to such activities.
Sorry if you expected a different answer.
Let me know if you need any clarification.

Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor
Lev
Lev
Lev, Tax Advisor