How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Robin D. Your Own Question
Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 15196
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Robin D. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have no income this year, I have 2 kids to claim and taxes

This answer was rated:

I have no income this year, I have 2 kids to claim and taxes on my house. Will I still get money back even though I had no income and paid no taxes?

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

If you had no income then you are not required to file a tax return. Any of the tax credits that are refundable (actually increase refund) require income to claim. Because of that you would have no option of receiving a refund. To qualify for Earned Income Tax Credit or EITC or simply called EIC (the most beneficial of the refundable credits), you must have earned income from employment, self-employment or another source and meet certain rules.

Robin D. and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you