Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

If you tithe to your church with personal checks, are those

tax deductible?...
If you tithe to your church with personal checks, are those tax deductible?
10/3/2011
geedubya55
geedubya55, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Thank you for using Just Answer.

The answer to your question is yes. Charitable donations to your church are tax deductible as an itemized deduction on schedule A of your personal tax return. Your personal checks will provide some evidence that you made the charitable donation, but you also need to get a receipt from your church showing how much was donated and stating that you did not receive any goods or services in return for your donation.

I hope my response has been helpful to you. If so, please remember to click the accept button so I will receive credit for my efforts. If you need any further clarification, please don't hesitate to ask. Thanks again.

geedubya55
geedubya55
geedubya55