Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

city taxes

Customer Question
have recently found out my...
have recently found out my ex never sent my city taxes in for the past 7 years .would really like to take care of this but not sure where to start.and if what might the consequences be.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
10/1/2011
Tax Professional: Jax Tax, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
There are associated penalties and interest for not paying your local taxes. Here is an example.http://www.ccatax.ci.cleveland.oh.us/?p=penalty. You really have only 2 choices. Do nothing or file the returns. To file the returns, you will need copies of your federal return. You can request these from the IRS with form 4506t.
You ceartainly want to make sure they are done going forward. As for the old taxes, if the fifty has not made.contact, assessed.tax, or some way let you know they are aware.you have not filed, just doing it correctly going forward may be the best thing you can do. From expeirence, I can tell you that if they haven't done something yet, they are not going to.
This is especially true for.years more than 3 years ago. If anything, focus on the most recent 3 years.
Jax Tax
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney