Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
59761513

Hi I am making handmade dog collars and would like to sell

Customer Question

Hi
I am making handmade dog collars and would like to sell them at a church craft show. Do I have to charge taxes and file with the IRS if I am just a tiny little business selling to family and friends and an occassional craft show?
Thanks,
Lori
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.

Jax Tax : Regardless on the extent of your sales, sales tax must be charged and remitted to the State and income and expenses must be reported to the IRS on Sch C.
Customer :

So no matter the amount you sell, you are still have to charge?

Jax Tax : Yes, regardless of the amount of sales, sales tax must be charged.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 5 years ago.
Please let me know if you have further questions. Keep in mind, you will need a state sales tax ID number.