How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MequonCPA Your Own Question
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 2342
Experience:  CPA, Over 30 yrs experience w/individuals and small businesses. Masters in Tax.
Type Your Tax Question Here...
MequonCPA is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been appointed the executor of my fathers estate. I

Customer Question

I have been appointed the executor of my father's estate. I need to close Dad's account and open anew estate account. I need a tax ID number for the bank. how do I get the ID number? Thanx
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 5 years ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:


You will file a Form SS-4 to request a federal identification number from the IRS. Below is a link to the form.


You can also request a number online:,,id=102767,00.html?portlet=105


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was instructed to go to and the menu would driv me thru. Now you want me to get a form SS-4 I'm more CONFUSED THAN WHEN i STARTED.
Expert:  MequonCPA replied 5 years ago.

You should go to the link below. It is the IRS web page to apply for the number online.,,id=102767,00.html?portlet=105 is a private site, not the actual government web page.