Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have been appointed the executor of my fathers estate. I

Customer Question
I have been appointed the...
I have been appointed the executor of my father's estate. I need to close Dad's account and open anew estate account. I need a tax ID number for the bank. how do I get the ID number? Thanx
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
10/1/2011
Tax Professional: MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA) replied 6 years ago
MequonCPA
MequonCPA, Certified Public Accountant (CPA)

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer:

You will file a Form SS-4 to request a federal identification number from the IRS. Below is a link to the form.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/fss4.pdf

You can also request a number online:

http://www.irs.gov/businesses/small/article/0,,id=102767,00.html?portlet=105

I was instructed to go to IRS.org and the menu would driv me thru. Now you want me to get a form SS-4 I'm more CONFUSED THAN WHEN i STARTED.

You should go to the link below. It is the IRS web page to apply for the number online.

IRS.org is a private site, not the actual government web page.

MequonCPA
MequonCPA