Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I need to receive my 1099 forms for 2009 & 2010 am buying a

Customer Question
house and have to have...
I need to receive my 1099 forms for 2009 & 2010 am buying a house and have to have them, can you help me?
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
9/1/2011
Tax Professional: Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent replied 6 years ago
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to assist you. I will give the best answer that I can with the information provided.

Hello there,

I presume that you need proof of income to show the mortgage company? Are you looking for copies of a 1099MISC? If so, you can file form 4506T to get a transcript of these forms. The only problem is that your 2010 1099 MISC may not yet be available as it generally takes a year after the return is filed (2011) for the 1099 to be available. You can also contact the payer for a duplicate copy.

If you need copies of your tax returns, you can file Form 4506, and pay $57 per return year. The actual copy plus attachments will be sent to you. However, you are not required to attach form 1099MISC to your return--but the return will show income that was reported by you.

Here are links to the forms:

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

You can fax or mail these forms, or, if you live close to an IRS office, you could see if you could get transcripts of your 1099 forms in person. Here is an office locator:

http://www.irs.gov/localcontacts/index.html

You may also file a form with Social Security that reports a record of your earnings, and the type of earnings: (but you might want to find out if the mortgage co. will accept this as proof of income)

http://www.ssa.gov/online/ssa-7050.pdf

Please let me know if I can assist you further.

Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent
Thanks, but I'm still where I started you obviously can't get my information and send me forms I need

I'm sorry,

You are contacting Just Answer. We are not the IRS, and cannot perform these services for you. I have provided you links to the forms needed to get your information. I cannot request this information for you, the request must come directly from the taxpayer. You can print out the forms, fill them out, and fax or mail them.

Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed
Wendy Reed, Enrolled Agent