How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Jax Tax Your Own Question
Jax Tax
Jax Tax, Tax Attorney
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1408
Experience:  JD, LL.M in Business and Taxation, IRS Enrolled Agent. Expert in Business and Tax Transactions
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Jax Tax is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How do I figure my losses from Scott trades done in 2009 -

Customer Question

How do I figure my losses from Scott trades done in 2009 - already have an extention but cannot figure out how much I lost and how much my gains were? I have my commisinss paid amount but the rest in pages and pages of amounts?
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 6 years ago.

Jax Tax : You need to log on to your account and go trade by trade calculating the purchase price, how long the stock was held, the sale price, and the fees. The fees are added to the cost basis when reporting on the return. Stocks held for more than a year are short term, more than a year long term. It is tedious and there is no other way.
Expert:  Jax Tax replied 6 years ago.
Let me know if you need additional help. It just boils.down to taking the time to do it.