Robin D.
Robin D., Senior Tax Advisor 4
Experience:  15years with H & R Block. Divisional leader, Instructor
14155347

Just recevied notice of levy on intangibles from the state

Customer Question

Just recevied notice of levy on intangibles from the state of SC for unpaid taxes totaling $4271.05 for 1999,2000,2001 2007, but with penalties & interest & costs the amount is $11782.28. What are my options since I don't have that kind of money?
Category: Tax
Expert:  Robin D. replied 6 years ago.

Robin D :

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.
You may request an installment plan. You may request in writing to have the penalties abated. I fthey grant your request then you will still have to pay the interest (which will continue until the debt is paid in full) because SC law does not allow for interest to be abated.

Robin D :

A South Carolina Penalty Abatement allows for the rebate of penalties already paid or the elimination of penalties added to your income tax debt because of circumstances beyond your control which kept you from paying your income taxes in a timely fashion and which led to your income tax delinquency.

Robin D :

The Department of Revenue encourages individuals to file their income tax returns on time and pay as much as possible when filing returns since penalties and interest will be assessed on unpaid balances. Please include your Social Security Number on your payment. If you cannot pay in full, the Department of Revenue recommends you try to borrow money from banks or other private lenders first. If you need an installment arrangement, you should request a Form FS-102 Installment Agreement Request after you receive a Proposed Notice of Adjustment or Assessment. It will instruct you on applying for an Installment Agreement. Your request will be reviewed for approval/denial purposes. An installment agreement requires a minimum 10% down payment and will not stop your liability from becoming a tax lien.

JACUSTOMER-jasw6ruk- :

I'm guessing this form FS-102 can be downloaded?

JACUSTOMER-jasw6ruk- :

thank you

Robin D :

You are welcome. You can always come back even after you click ACCEPT.

JACUSTOMER-jasw6ruk- :

GREAT!!

Robin D :

Good!

Robin D :

Did you have another question?