Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

Hello, we are a couple living on social security, we owe the

Customer Question
IRS $1500.00 that we cannot...
Hello, we are a couple living on social security, we owe the IRS $1500.00 that we cannot pay..can we make payments every month? thank you
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/2/2011
Tax Professional: Richard, Tax Attorney replied 6 years ago
Richard, Tax Attorney

Good morning. Both NY State and the IRS have installment agreement arrangements they can make with you. You need only to contact each of them and tell them you want to enter into an installment agreement with them and they will direct you to the applicable form to submit. With regard to the IRS, given the amount you owe, you can do this online with the IRS.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have different intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply general information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Richard, Tax Attorney
Richard, Tax Attorney