Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

I have a letter saying I owe more tax for 2010. I did a amened

Customer Question
tax return and mailed it...
I have a letter saying I owe more tax for 2010. I did a amened tax return and mailed it to you on July 14, 2011. Then I got this letter asking for payment. If the CPA amened form is right I do not owe these taxes. You may e-mail me [email protected] for Leonard Ochoa I am his secatary. his SS# XXXXX XXXXX Thanks
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
8/1/2011
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 6 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

Hello, welcome, and thank you for choosing Just Answer.

If the amended return was submitted on July 14th (2 weeks ago), there is the strong possibility that the IRS' system had not been updated at the time the letter was generated. You may want to give it another few weeks check back with them. It tends to take the IRS 2-4 weeks, sometimes longer to completely process rec'd docs. When you call back, try calling 1-800-829-1040 if this was not the number you were calling. I hope this clarifies matters for you.

I am waiting to see what the irs had done
At this point, you can only wait until they get back with you,or try calling again in a few weeks. The IRS will send you a notice of their findings after they have processed/reviewed the amended return.
NO ANSWER AT IRS
Tax Professional: jgordosea, Enrolled Agent replied 6 years ago
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent

Greetings,

You certainly should respond to the Notice that you got proposing that you owe additional taxes for 2010. No response will often result in additional action being taken to attempt to collect.

The collection Notice will not have information that you filed an amended return.

If you can not get a response at the phone number on the Notice, send a letter and include a copy of the amended return that was filed to explain and show that you do not agree with the amount proposed that you owe for 2010.

I hope this helps to stop collection until the amended return is processed.

Please ask if you need clarification.

Thank you.

jgordosea
jgordosea
jgordosea, Enrolled Agent