How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Lev Your Own Question
Lev, Tax Advisor
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 29939
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Lev is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

my union pension/retirement that company pay in at $7.00 hr

Customer Question

my union pension/retirement that company pay in at $7.00 hr at 2,800
hour a year a tax right off. I now that the dues are
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Lev replied 6 years ago.


Hi and welcome to Just Answer!
Your employer's contribution into your retirement fund generally is not included into your taxable income - so there is no need to deduct it again.
If for whatever reason these contributions were included into your taxable income - that will be your basis in the retirement fund.
When you start receiving your pension - it generally is taxable, but if you have a basis (contributions made with after tax funds) - that amount is recovered tax free.
Let me know if you need any help with reporting.

Customer :

what about into politacl and train contribution off pay check been taxed


Political contributions may not deducted.
If you pay for training - these expenses may be deducted as educational expenses. Depending on your situation - different educational credit or deduction may be used.