Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

IRS proof of extension filed.

Customer Question
How can I obtain proof...

How can I obtain proof from the IRS that an extension has been approved? I need an IRS approval of my extension to show my bank.

Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Tax
7/27/2011
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 6 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

As there is not currently a dedicated way that you can obtain a copy of a filed extension. You can try calling the IRS at 1-***-***-**** and requesting a copy of some documentation indicating that you filed an extension. The number that I provided is for tax return and tax account transcripts. However they should be able to give you direction if they are not the department to help you. If they are able to assist you, ask them to fax it to you. Sorry that I could not be more definitive.

In addition to what I previously wrote, if your return was e-filed, that should serve as acceptable proof. The e-file authorization form number if Form 8879.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant