How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Mark D Your Own Question
Mark D
Mark D, Enrolled Agent
Category: Tax
Satisfied Customers: 1304
Experience:  MBA, EA, Specializing in Business and Individual Tax Returns and Issues
Type Your Tax Question Here...
Mark D is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law) Texas I have money invested in mutual fun

Resolved Question:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas
I have money invested in mutual funds and I am considering purchasing a home as an investment property, if I do this do I still have to pay capital gains tax on these funds, I withdrawal, since I am buying an investment property
Submitted: 6 years ago.
Category: Tax
Expert:  Mark D replied 6 years ago.

Mark D :

Hello, You would pay taxes on any gains from the sale of the mutual fund, but just the gain. This would not be eligible to defer the tax in a like-kind exchange as the properties are not like kind. Does this answer you question?

Mark D and other Tax Specialists are ready to help you

Related Tax Questions