Tax

Have a Tax Question? Ask a Tax Expert

Tax

What is LTR 147c and how to obtain one?

The 147c is a request from the IRS for an Employer Identification Number (E.I.N.) letter. If your company has been assigned an E.I.N., and lost it, this is what you would request for a replacement letter. You can request this by phone or mail. The number to call is as follows:

1-800-829-4933;

Requesting by mail, you can write to the address where you file regular 
returns. Be sure to write the words "Request for a 147c number" in the letter.

Read full interaction below »

What is IRS Form 147c and how do I obtain one?

7/11/2011
Tax Professional: Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant replied 6 years ago
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant

1-***-***-****;

Requesting by mail, you can write to the address where you file regular returns. Be sure to write the words "Request for a 147c number" in the letter.

Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168
Tax.appeal.168, Tax Accountant